I consider myself a public servant more than a politician.
I have been fortunate to serve our citizens and make positive improvements in our community in a number of capacities. I have been a candidate on the ballot for office six times. I have won three times and lost two times while running for both School Board and City Council in South St. Paul. In 2016 I ran unsuccessfully for MN State Senate SD52 in the DFL primary as an unendorsed candidate. I feel called to serve as a peace officer and an elected public servant. My experience in getting things done locally is due to being more pragmatic than political.
I have learned what it takes to run a good campaign and reach out to voters. More importantly, for almost 12 years as a locally elected official, I have learned how to work with others and govern responsibly while making positive changes in our community. I have also learned how to agree to disagree without personalizing the disagreement.
Current South St. Paul City Council Member
- Past Parks and Recreation Committee Liaison Member
- Northern Dakota County Cable 4 Commissioner
- Past NDC4 Executive Committee Member
- Elected twice to the South St. Paul City Council
- Economic Development Authority Commissioner
Past South St. Paul School Board Member
- Association of Metropolitan School District Member
- Legislative Committee Member
- MN School Boards Association Member
- Delegate Assembly Member
Past Part Time St. Paul Public School Substitute Teacher
Variance program (Any 4 yr degree)
- Past UFCW member at Rainbow Foods
- Past Teamster Member Current Law Enforcement Labor Service Member
Deputy Sheriff for over 20 years full time in April 2018
- Part time uniformed security at a level one hospital for 13 years in May 2018
- Member of the MN Police and Peace Officer Association
Active member at St. John Vianney Catholic Church
Husband of 22 years this September
Proud and active parent of 3 children